If you're ready to push up your sleeves and get to work building your membership, I'll be there beside you all the way.
When you look for help with a membership program, you'll generally find two types of resources online:
- First, there are the "you-too-can-make-a-bajillion-dollars-in-your-sleep" online marketers who want you to believe that building a membership program is just a matter of throwing some content up on a website and watching the recurring revenue roll in. In fact, that's the model they follow themselves. They'll take your cash, give you access to some passive revenue program they created and then dash away with your money, leaving you to implement on your own.
- Then, there are the association management consultants and association management companies. It doesn't take long to realize that there's a complexity (and a cost) to such consulting that is simply out of reach for smaller organizations or start-ups.
Spend just five minutes with me and you'll quickly see that I'm neither of those. That's because I operate from a completely different perspective.
- Member experience drives everything else. I work with clients who value serving their community just as much, if not more, than the cash. When you create an exceptional member experience that solves a problem for your audience or industry, your membership will thrive and the cash will naturally follow.
- YOUR success is my success. When you're committed to launching or growing a membership program, I'm committed to you. You'll find me accessible before, during and after our work together to make sure you get the results you need.
- Running memberships for clients is how I make my living. My team and I, through our work at a25hourday.com, have been doing virtual administrative support for small associations, nonprofits and member-based businesses since 2005... long enough to understand that the technology is the easy part... it's the value and experience that you deliver that really matters.
- I don't just talk the talk. I also walk the walk... every single day. In addition to my work with MemberMagnetism.com and a25hourday.com, I serve as the Executive Director for a membership-based nonprofit organization. I've been leading this work since the idea began around a conference room table in 2009, so I know how hard it can be to convince members to join and to be concerned about whether they'll receive enough value to stay in.
- I'm an action-taker. People always ask how I get so much done. I don't like to toot my own horn... it's just how my brain works. I'm too inpatient to wait for other people to do things for me and I like to figure things out.
Need to know how to add a membership area to your website? I've set up a TON of websites.
Want to make some widgety-gidgety thing work? I've probably tinkered with it before or something just like it.
Concerned your website copy isn't working? I've written content for more than a hundred websites.
Trying to figure out the BEST next step amidst a flurry of ideas in your brain? I'm a natural path mapper. Together we'll sort it out.
The list goes on... through my network of freelancers and virtual contractors at a25hourday.com, I can hook you up with a specialist for anything that is outside the scope of my personal expertise.
- "Consultant-ese" is not spoken here. No blah-blah-blah, yadda-yadda-yadda consulting theories. Instead, it is practical processes that are easy to implement in the real-world which adeptly move clients from concept, through launch and on into profitable growth.
- I've studied people. Success in membership is not just about business savvy... it's also about understanding people and what makes them tick. I have a unique educational background, including a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and a Master's in Social Work with Specialization in Policy, Planning & Administration.
My programs reach participants around the globe, but central Illinois in the United States is where I call home. I am passionate about big ideas and I can't wait to hear where you are headed.
"Joy is one of the best presenters I’ve ever had the opportunity to work with.
We’ve run monthly expert webinars for a few years, and Joy’s was among our highest rated with more than 96% of our audience of 250+ saying they learned something valuable that could help them accomplish their goals.
No wonder: Joy backed up every valuable point with proof, examples and stories that brought everything to life. I can’t wait to work with her again."
Donald Cowper, Head of Content
“Joy, you ROCKED THE HOUSE! My audience loved you!”
“Joy Duling from Member Magnetism, is an outstanding JV Partner! I highly recommend working with her. She makes everything easy. She provided high-quality swipe copy and supporting materials and gave an outstanding live presentation that my audience loved.
And, our results were spectacular too. If your audience is interested in creating Membership sites, I highly suggest that you make Joy your go-to expert!”
Dr. Tamara Monosoff
Creator of The Author-to-Income Formula
"Joy provided a targeted, content-laden, teleseminar/interview for SpeakerNet News.
We’ve interviewed 500+ experts for our series, and she was one of top ones who provided high-value, relevant information useful to our listeners.
We appreciate her focused, concise answers to the questions, and her ability to flex with cogent answers to questions. We’d have her back!"
Rebecca Morgan, CSP, CMC, Co-Publisher
Joy Duling, Founder of MemberMagnetism.com, teaches membership-based organizations how to more easily launch, run and grow.
In addition to her leadership role for Member Magnetism, Joy is Managing Director for A 25 Hour Day, LLC, an administrative support firm specializing in virtual assistance for associations, and she serves as Executive Director for a nonprofit organization that has consistently raised more than $1.1 million annually in membership dues since its launch in 2012.
"Joy spoke on my Star Power Half Hour webinar show and gave a lively, information-packed session! One attendee wrote in the chat box, "Wow! Amazing info and so well presented. Thank you!" Joy has really delved deeply into the subject of membership sites and has lots of experience from working with her clients, so she brought great resources into her talk. It was very valuable for everyone."
"The Book Marketing Mentors podcast listenership rose over 50 percent after Joy Duling shared her little-known and valuable gems on how creating a membership site is a big revenue builder for authors. Thanks, Joy, for your incredible wisdom and expertise."
Podcast Host & International Best Selling Author of Riches in Niches: How to Make it BIG in a small Market.
Reach out if you're looking for a speaker / event partner who is:
- someone who will take care of your people just like you would;
- someone your audience will respect and see as trustworthy;
- someone who can present information in an understandable way and inspire people to take action;
- someone who will bring real value so that your reputation with your audience is preserved.
When you partner with Joy Duling for a presentation on membership, you'll be delighted by the experience. Joy will work with you to understand who your audience is, what their questions may be and how we can best support your goals for the event.
Need swipe copy to use for promotional emails, or content-rich articles for your blog or newsletter? Our team is happy to help.